Fair Information Practices
We at GAUS Algorithm OÜ (“GAUS,” “us” and “we”) are committed to protecting your privacy. This
(including without limitation gaus.live, app.gaus.live, blog.gaus.live and any successor URLs, mobile or
localized versions and related domains and sub domains), and the “Service” means GAUS’s products,
applications, and services, in each case in whatever format they may be offered now or in the future.
The Websites and Service are collectively referred to herein as the “Offerings.”
choices regarding use, access, and correction of your personal data. By using the Offerings, you consent
You should check this page occasionally to review any changes. If we make any material changes we will notify
notice in-app or with other industry-standard forms of notice. Your continued use of the Websites,
the Service, and/or continued provision of Personal Data to us will be subject to the terms of the
Data We Collect
A. Registration and Contact Data
We collect data about you when you (a) register to use the Service and (b) otherwise provide contact
information to us via email or through our Offerings. This data you provide may include your username,
first and last name, email address, mailing address or phone number.
B. Payment Data
When you purchase the Service, we will also collect transaction data, which may include your credit card
information, company name, billing and mailing address. Our payment service provider is integrated in the
Facebook Messenger platform.
C. Navigational Data
We automatically collect data on how you interact with the Offerings, such as the IP address from which you
access the Offerings, date and time, data about your browser, operating system and computer or device,
referral source, length of visit, pages viewed, and items clicked. We may also collect location data,
D. Third Party Platforms
We may collect data when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third-party sites or
platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include data such as “Likes”, profile data gathered
from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
E. Other Data
We may collect other data from you that is not specifically listed here. We may use any such data in
You can read more detailed information on the purposes and the services we use to collect Personal Data here.
How We Use the Data We Collect
We use your data in the following ways:
– To provide, maintain and improve the Offerings and our other products and services, including to operate
certain features and functionality of the Offerings (for example, by remembering your information so that
you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
– To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
– To process your payments, we share and use Payment Data;
– To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Offerings and our other products and services, or otherwise
detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
– To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Offerings, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to
track users’ movements around the Offerings) and gather demographic data about our user base as a whole;
– To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or
information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described
in Section 6 (Your Controls and Choices);
– To deliver you advertising, including by serving and managing ads on the Offerings or on third party sites
and to tailor ads based on your interests and browsing history.; and
When you make a purchase on the Offerings, any credit card data you provide as part of your Payment Data is
collected and processed directly by our payment processor Stripe through their Stripe Checkout service. We
never receive or store your full credit card data. Stripe commits to complying with the Payment Card Industry
Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry-standard security. Stripe may use your Payment Data in
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Data. We obtain each
customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
Social Media Features
Our Offerings include Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button and Widgets, such as the Share
This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our websites. These features may collect your IP address,
which page you are visiting on our sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Websites.
Our Offerings provide links to other websites. We do not control and are not responsible for, the content or
practices of these other websites. Our provision of such links does not constitute our endorsement of these
other websites, which are subject to any privacy and other policies they may have.
Sharing Your Data with Third Parties
We will never sell your Personal Data to any third party. We don’t trade, share or transfer your personal
data to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
– We may share your personal data with our parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates;
– We may share your personal data with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, customer support, data analytics, advertising our product/service offerings, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Offerings, among other things. For example, we may provide personal data to our service providers for direct emailing of our newsletters or notifications of our product/service offerings;
– We may share your personal data when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such data is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce a Customer Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or (c) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
– We may share your personal data with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
– We may share your personal data with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example when running a cross-promotion;
– We may share your Payment Data to process your payment;
– We may share and/or transfer your personal data if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; and
– We may share your personal data with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
– We may also share aggregated or anonymised data with third parties for other purposes. Such data does not identify you individually but may include usage, viewing and technical data such as the types of Offerings our customers and users generally use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to the use of Offerings which we collected through our technology. If we are required under applicable law to treat such data as personal data, then we will only disclose it as described above. Otherwise, we may disclose such data for any reason.
Security of your Personal Data
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorised
access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Data you provide on computer servers in a controlled,
secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When sensitive Personal Data
(such as a credit card number and/or geo-location data) is collected on our Offerings and/or transmitted to
other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Your Controls and Choices
We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal data used for certain purposes
when we ask for this data. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the
Offerings to you.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving
them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Offerings. Please note, however,
that customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us or the Service.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not
track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Offerings do not respond to this
type of signal.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Data
When you use the Offerings, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal data upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your data at any time. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the data requested to be accessed, corrected or removed, or if you are using the Service, sign in to your account, go to your profile, and make the desired changes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning data residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide data access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please note that if you cease using the Service or we terminate your access in accordance with our Terms of Service, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your data.
We may retain your data as necessary to support the Offerings, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you post may remain on the Offerings even if you cease using the Offerings or we terminate your access to the Offerings.
Retention of Personal Data
We retain Personal Data that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about the Subscription Service or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the data. We will delete this data from the servers at an earlier date if you so request.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
No Children Under Age 18
The Offerings are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18, nor does GAUS knowingly collect or
solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may not attempt to register
for the Offerings or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone
number, or email address. In the event that we confirm that we have collected personal data from someone
under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that data promptly. If you are
a parent or legal guardian of a child under 18 and believe that we might have any data from or about such
Your Rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You may exercise certain rights regarding your Personal Data processed by GAUS. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
– Withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given it to the processing of your Personal Data.
– Object to the processing of your Data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
– Access your Data. You have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
– Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
– Restrict the processing of your data. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data. In this case, GAUS will not process your data for any purpose other than storing it.
– Have your Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your data from GAUS.
– Receive your data and have it transferred to another controller. You have the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
– Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before a data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in
GAUS or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by GAUS, you may object to such processing by
providing a ground related to your particular situation to justify the objection.
You must know that, however, should your Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can
object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether GAUS is
processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, you may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to GAUS through the contact details provided in this
document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by GAUS as early as possible
and always within one month.
International Transfer of Data
We may from time to time transfer your personal data to other countries outside the Estonia and make
it accessible to our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and third party service providers internationally.
Narva mnt 5, 10117, Tallinn, Estonia
Last revised on: May 25, 2018